Do you remember the famous Polaroid instant cameras, which technology allows you to take pictures instantly?
In this tutorial, we learn how to make a Polaroid-like frame around your photos. And you’ll be amazed how fast and easy it is with our software.
So we have a CR2 file (a digital RAW photography) that needs to be saved in a TIFF format. We need to make a photo-frame around our picture to look like as “it took from Polaroid”. To do this, we’ll use the free RAW to TIFF converter.
1. Run the program, add a photography (menu: “File” – “Add Input File…” or you can just drag&drop the graphic file directly to the program window)
2. Go to the program settings (menu: “Converter” – “Preferences…”)
3. Select the “Frame” tool (“Frame” – “Solid Color”)
4. Set the following margins for the frame sides (“Left: 28 px”, “Right: 28 px”, “Top: 28 px”, “Bottom: 98 px”)
5. Set white color (#FFFFFF) for each side of the frame (“Left Color”, “Right Color”, “Top Color”, “Bottom Color”)
6. Click “OK” to close the program settings
7. Click “Convert” to start the process
That’s it! Our CR2 image was converted to TIFF format and a stylish “Polaroid-like” frame was added to it.
Right proportions are important for good result. We have a picture with 400×488 px dimension. The aspect ratio is 0.82 (1.22). Height of 400 px * 1.22 to get 488 px width. Or width of 488 px * 0.82 to get 400 px height. Borders are calculated by the following formula: 400 px / 14 = 28 px (thin edges) and 28 px * 3.5 = 98 px (bottom edge).
If you prefer to work via cmd.exe, the command-line parameters to add frames to a photo would be like this:
raw2tiff.exe --input=c:\images\kitty.cr2 --fr-solid-left=28 --fr-solid-right=28 --fr-solid-top=28 --fr-solid-bottom=98 --fr-solid-left-color=ffffff --fr-solid-right-color=ffffff --fr-solid-top-color=ffffff --fr-solid-bottom-color=ffffff
If you have a picture in a different graphics format, you can search for a suitable program from dozens of file converters here. And the task of quickly adding frames to multiple files at the same time can be solved with our advanced image applications PRO/IMAGE.
Ha, here from yahoo, this is what i was searching for.
Love it keep up the good work!
This does interest me
love it really great stuff
What are some good wordpress themes/plugins that allow you to manipulate design?
Camera, Photo & Video Store. Low Price & Super Save Shipping
I hope all of you had a great weekend. Now it’s time to get back to work and make some design.